Booster Pump HP

I'm buying equipment for my new pool.

I have a lot of trees...Post Oaks...that shed. My builder suggested I get a booster pump for an automatic vacuum.

I'm thinking 1hp. Is that overkill? I see 3/4hp being used. I WILL have leaves...and dogs...and kids/neighbors. I'm wondering if a 1hp may not be as effective.

What say you?

If you haven't purchased a cleaner yet, there are plenty of booster-less cleaners to choose from that do as good a job as a booster cleaner.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

I'm still old-school manual vacuuming :), but here is a discussion on the Legend: Kreepy Krauly Legend VS. Legend II. It appears the KK Legend nay require a booster, while the Legend II does not. Still, there are other products that will work well off of the main pump alone. I suspect some other members will chime-in with some other ideas based on what they use. You can also put a key word on the home page search function and see many threads on automated cleaners.

Also note that booster pumps are designed for cleaners. You don't choose horsepower. Polaris (Jandy/Zodiac),Hayward and Pentair all have booster pumps that are roughly equal.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.