A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

We haven't even had any PBs come out yet. That isn't happening until the 24th and we can only meet on Saturdays. I work til 6 so no one wants to come down from the Woodlands area (about 30-45 min north) or the Katy area (30 min west) at that time of day. They could come at 8 am but again with rush hour traffic no one would do it. I can't blame them either for not wanting to do that!

So it may take a few Saturdays before we see everyone, which was why I was asking about the timeframe for each PB. I'm hoping to see 2 on the 24th and then 2 more on the 31st, if that's possible, being Halloween and providing I find 2 more PBs! So I'm thinking we should have one selected by Thanksgiving but I could be way off on this.

Marla
who finds this soooo much easier when it's not my pool!

Ok, Marla! It's Saturday! Have you had a PB out to the house yet? We want to know! Give us the details even if you don't think it's noteworthy! You don't have to have a design and bid in hand. What are your impressions???

Suz.

Great to see you Suz! I have appointments set for 2 PBs to come out next Saturday! Another may come out during the week at lunchtime (I work about 5 min from home!) and the other is working on a layout since I've sent him the site plan and survey of our lot. He may stop by some morning to look at the yard (he lives south of me) on his way to work.

So I have 4 PBs interested so I think I'll go with that for now. But it took a lot of calling before I could find ones who work in the city. Hopefully one of those 4 will work out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oops!!! I jumped the gun a bit. I had it in my head you were beginning this Saturday with PB meetings. I'm just so excited for you and can't wait for you to be on your way to your very own pool!!!!

You've done a great job finding PB's for your area. It hasn't been easy. I think you or someone mentioned the Houston traffic being part of the problem in finding a PB. I had only been thinking about permit and land restriction issues being the stumbling block, but that didn't make sense when you think about a few other areas like Kingwood. They have similar issues but don't seem to have any real difficulty get PB's to build a pool.

But the Houston traffic is awful. I know it is elsewhere, too. But for a PB to keep an eye on things and get crews down inside the loop in a timely manner would be so difficult. Now days, the traffic is bad all day long and going both ways. It doesn't seem to matter if you're headed into town or out of town. If there aren't PBs already located inside the loop (which I don't think there are), then these suburb PBs have a hard time making financial sense out of the headaches of travel.

You've done a great job tracking down the PBs. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can have a solid choice and not feel like you have to settle!!!!

Take care,
Suz.

A quick update - I have met with 3 of the 4 PBs. I was supposed to meet 2 PBs this morning and did meet one at 8:30 but the last one postponed due to the weather. It's forecasted to rain all day today, which it has started raining off and on, and tomorrow and maybe Monday. The 4th will call me on Monday and we will probably get together sometime during the week at noon. My gut feeling, based solely on just talking to them, is that it will come down to PB #3 and #4. Of course I haven't seen any designs yet from anybody so I'll probably be wrong! LOL! I'm curious what PB 2 will come up with because he had some nice designs that are well integrated into the site plans. But, I don't believe they use a certain Houston gunite company which could be a deal breaker.

Just wanted to keep y'all updated. When I get designs I will post them, although that won't be for another couple of weeks, I believe.

My experience so far in researching PB"S are: they all drag the process along. Some respond quickly and then take a long time to get a design. Others respond slowly but get a quick design and pricing together.

The one's to watch out for are the ones that don't seem to be listening to you or come up with a design that is way inadequate.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

My experience so far in researching PB"S are: they all drag the process along. Some respond quickly and then take a long time to get a design. Others respond slowly but get a quick design and pricing together.

The one's to watch out for are the ones that don't seem to be listening to you or come up with a design that is way inadequate.

yes, that is my experience as well

Marla...I am in Katy. There are plenty of decent pool builders in our area. I got a couple of references from here but also contacted PB'S who are currently building in my community (Cinco Ranch)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.