Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi From Austin...

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi From Austin...

First time pool owner, longtime engineering geek. I was originally quite frustrated with all the conflicting advice I was getting from everyone. Then I found TFP. Thanks for the site! One evening of browsing has taught me more than 6 months of "free" advice from the local pool supply thieves, but more importantly, satisfied my inner geek.

Our pool came with the house we bought when we relocated here. 12,000 gal Pebbletec with attached spa and dual waterfalls. Cartridge filter, Nature2 ionizer, and inline tablet feeder. The only problem was that the previous owner believed more chemicals = better water. Stabilizer and calcium levels were through the roof, and scale was forming on the stone tile. Did a refill last month, added borates, and switched to BBB. Couldn't be happier with the results so far.

[attachment=0:nafjx6rq]Mikie's Pool.JPG[/attachment:nafjx6rq]

Now I only need the local pool guys for the occasional repair part I can't fine on the web. Keep up the good work!

Attached Images Attached Images

12K Pebbletec with attached spillover Spa, Waterway 320 sqft cartridge filter, 2HP Waterway filter pump, 1.5HP Waterway waterfall pump, 2 skimmers, in-line tablet chlorinator (no longer in use), Levolor LX2 water level system, Polaris 280 w 1.5 HP booster pump.

2. Back To Top    #2
    South Carolina

Re: Hi From Austin...

Hi Mikie and welcome to the forum

When you get a minute, please add your pool & equipment specs in your signature and your location in your profile

You have a beautiful pool and we're glad to have you at TFP!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Hillsborough, NC

Looks great! Welcome.

4. Back To Top    #4

Austin, TX

Welcome to TFP!.

Always good to have another Austin engineer on the site. You'll find there is a great deal of expertise here when you have questions.

Nice pool
    My Pool
    15k Gal Gunite Pool w/8 ft Spa w/Spillover
    Hayward DE Filter + DE Separation Tank
    Legend Sweep, Pentair Gas Heater
    Stenner Metering Pump for Liquid Chlorine Injection (15 gallon tank)

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry
    New Orleans, LA

Welcome! Nice pool...
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - - 888-725-8766 - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to our little corner of the 'net.

7. Back To Top    #7
    SW PA

WoW! Your pool is awesome!

Welcome to TFP! 8)
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8
    Texas (Central)

Nice pool!
    You can thank me for the recent rains in the area...we started our installation of fiberglass shell 15'X34' last week.
    No sooner than we finished hammering through the ROCK, the rains started and really haven't let up south of Austin.
    Total of over 2 inches! Pump and filter equipment is all in and getting wired up today.
    Ready for concrete now. That seems to be the nice thing about Fiberglass...they go in pretty quick.
    I nearly cried though yesterday when I saw the rutted mud left by the bobcat...
    I am sure when the finished grade is done and topsoil down, and I am floating with my margarita, the image of utterly ruined landscape will fade in my mind.
    It aint pretty. I will post photos soon.
    First time pool owner.
    Martha in Texas
    17K gl-15'X34' IG, Fiberglass, Pentair: Intelliflo VS 3HP pump, PAL 2000 underwater lights, DE60 filter, Intellichlor IC 20SWG, Poolvergnuegen Suction Pool Cleaner2009 build date; TC100