Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Finished with Construction - Finally

1. Back To Top    #1

Finished with Construction - Finally

Well we were "Complete" Sept 1 but there were other items to attend to - Platers, Concrete Curb, and artificial grass. Today we finished the artificial grass and I wanted to show it off.

Dropbox - Ian shared 16 photos with you.

Thanks for all the help and support - This would have been a very bad process without the folks in this group!
    17,000 IG Plaster/Pebble, All Jandy equipt VS 2.0 HP Pump, Cartridge filter - Installed Sept 1 2015 TF-100 test kit (Yes Nature 2 but no metals cartridge - and an Ozone box - I know...) Coverpools cover, deck jets and all the iAqualink goodies. Filled off city water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Finished with Construction - Finally

Love this idea of artificial grass around the pool. I wish I had done this. Mowing gets grass in ours. Vry nice n clean looking. Did you guys put anything under it for drainage? What was the cost for this project (grass)if you don't mind sharing?

18000 gal 9ft, salt cell, ig, dk blue plaster, cartridge filter, attached spa, build finished September 1 2015, pentair filter n kreepy.

3. Back To Top    #3

Under the turf there is between 3 and 8 inches of Decomposed Granite and the turf itself drains rather well down thru the mat. This is the turf that we went with - SGW Dallas | Diamond Pro Spring its treated to not collect heat and we tried it up against a bunch of other options it was by far the coolest temps wise. Normally it matches our lawn rather well too but the sprinklers (yes the build messed those up) have been off for a while. The cost for the grass is about 8 per sq ft and we have 1,300 sq ft in total. Cover was rather spendy too but we think both made it a better option maintenance wise.
    17,000 IG Plaster/Pebble, All Jandy equipt VS 2.0 HP Pump, Cartridge filter - Installed Sept 1 2015 TF-100 test kit (Yes Nature 2 but no metals cartridge - and an Ozone box - I know...) Coverpools cover, deck jets and all the iAqualink goodies. Filled off city water

4. Back To Top    #4

Construction messed up our yard as well... we dyied our sprinklers. Hose under sod seems to be working out nicely. So you had the turf installed? Ima penny pincher as DYI'S & TFP's n TFeverything is appealing to me. Tnx for sharing your lovely new yard n pool...

5. Back To Top    #5

That looks great! congrats.

I'm not a fan of artifical turf, but that seems like a good use of it. It would be difficult to get real grass
    to look that good so close to a pool.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I can see why you are wanting to show it off. That looks very nice, very nice indeed. I think you will be very pleased with your decision. We have a guy hired who mows our yard, and even though the mower shoot is facing away from the pool during mowing, you can bet that once he gets finished, the pool will still have to have grass clippings cleaned out that the wind blows in. Enjoy!!!
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by iankelly View Post
    Cover was rather spendy
    From one cover owner to another, that's an understatement! But worth it for us.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

It looks so good. It also looks like a couple of young fellers, and one big black dog are loving it already. . Enjoy!!
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

10. Back To Top    #10

NICE job!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Hi iankelly!

I wanted to see how your artificial turf is holding up so far? Any complaints or anything you would do different? Also how did you like the company who did yours? Getting quotes this week and just trying to get some insight.

Thanks!!
    My Journey - 16x38 In-Ground gunite (14k gallons - 3.5-5-4) w/ Crystal Stones Smooth Tropical Isle - OK Flagstone coping - 693sqft spray deck decking - Jandy 580sqft Cartridge Filter - 2hp Jandy E Pump (VS) - Contracted Pool 4/22/16 - TF-100 Test Kit - 7x7 raised spa w/ rolled tile edge - Jandy nicheless LED lights (5) - Aqua Pure Salt Kit - Dolphin s300 robot - Zodiac NG JXI 400k BTU for spa - iAqualink PS8 w/ 4 relays - Jandy LED bubbler