No water circulation

Some possibilities; plugged skimmer basket, plugged pump basket, pump not primed, filter plugged up, broken pipe from pool to pump.

- - - Updated - - -

Broken impeller, impeller not attached to motor shaft, motor not turning just humming.

Akhil,

It would help very much if you could fill out your signature with information on your pool and equipment. Please follow the instructions in the Signature section of this link:

http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/115-read-before-you-post

The last sentence of the Signature Instructions has a link to get to the editing page for your signature.

Also, I noticed you're making multiple threads for the same or similar issues. It would help if you kept everything together in one thread so a person helping you understand why you don't have any flow, also was aware that you just had to fix your filter, and that your filter gauge reads zero, both items that were in your previous threads.

Good luck!

After adding your signature, please tell us a little bit about your system.

1) What type of pump?
2) What type of handles and what do they control?
3) Do you have a main drain? How many skimmers? How many returns? Which valves control each?

Depending on your system, you can do the following. This worked for someone else.

This assumes you have a main drain and 2 skimmers. If you have return jets that are independent of each other, you could close off one until the system is up and running and then open up the second one.

First and foremost, please make sure the system is shut down and the water is half-way at the skimmers. Close off the main drain. Cap a skimmer or both skimmers with Gizmo's. Then open pump basket lid and fill the system up with water and eventually you will see the pump basket filling up to the top. Once this is done, then close the cover. Slowly remove one of the Gizmo's (if you have 2), while someone else turns on the pump. If the pump is working fine and you have no leaks at the equipment pad or the pump, this should prime the system. Once the system is primed in the first skimmer, then remove the second skimmer Gizmo. Once the skimmers are done, then slowly open the valve for the main drain and this will be next. Please make sure your return jet valves are all open and your multi-port is on filter.

Thanks everyone for the reply.. Seems there is some leakage in the Mineral Cartridge and because of that water is draining. I called someone and he told me that there is no use of that Mineral Cartridge box and suggested me to remove it and install a pipe instead of it.. Can I assume he is right and removing it will not impact anything else?
Also there is no model for it so I am just calling it Mineral Cartridge box. Thanks.

*** 16K gal, Pebble pool, 200 sqft cartridge filter, Pentair Pool filter (predator cellular media filter) , Polaris 360 Cleaner ***

You really want to remove that Mineral Cartridge box. The product that used to be in there is not considered good for long term use. It adds metals and stuff to your pool that you really don't need or want.

Ans keep the name of the person you called. They were honest and might be so in the future.

If that is a mineral cartridge, it sure is an old one. I am not familiar with that one, plus please have it removed. Should be a simple fix. Mine is plumbed in, but running on empty. It only took me about 4 months to realize what a waste it was and stopped using it and converted to the TFP method. The pool stores make a lot of $$ with the new Frog Systems as the Mineralizer is $90, Each bac-pac is $15, but on top of everything, it is a big waste of $$$.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
btw its Clear Vision natural water purifier .. Model XG .. So shall I get rid of it??

Yes, please get rid of it. You may want to install an in-line chlorinator. Only to be used in the beginning of the season to raise CYA, and/or if you go away for a couple of weeks during vacation. Otherwise, you CYA (Stabilizer) level will go through the roof rendering the chlorine ineffective.

What kind of pool guy is this? He told you to replace it? Originally, I believe you mentioned something else was leaking.

If something is broken, and can not be repaired, then you must fix it. If you are comfortable, then you can fix, otherwise please call someone else to take care of a problem. It is very apparent when something is leaking, especially above ground (not under ground). Please keep us posted.

The other thing is fixed but now I figured out water leakage from the Jandy energy filter - Filter, Energy W/Gauge (# 2888).
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It looks exactly like this link on amazon- Amazon.com : Filter, Energy W/Gauge (# 2888) : Swimming Pool Cartridge Filters : Patio, Lawn Garden[/FONT]

The guy today told me that there is not much need of the energy filter so I can just remove the cartridge from it and leave it the way it is.. Does this help or I can provide more information. Appreciate your response. .

As I mentioned earlier, not familiar with filter. They should call it a "pool vacuum filter", which is more appropriate. I use socks in the skimmer(s), which is like a filter when vacuuming. Have 3 set(s) of baskets with socks for quick exchanges, etc. Below is a link I found about energy filters which may shed a little more light.

Jandy Energy Filter 3456

?Jandy Energy Filter?

If you search "energy filter" on the forum, you will find more information. IMHO, I think the more gadgets a pool comes with, the more problematic things are long term. Too many moving parts.

Please keep us posted!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.