IntelliChlor IC40 Turning Itself Off and On

May 12, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Has anyone experienced issues with their IntelliChlor IC40 resetting itself? I just replaced an IC40 with a brand new one, and it runs for a few mins, then all lights go out and it starts back up (detects salt, all is good and all lights green that should be green, runs for a few mins and produces chlorine, lights go out and it starts the cycle again). I called Pentair and they suggested that the unit was bad since it happens so regularly, but just wanted to see if anyone else has run into an issue like this? My previous unit worked well until it died on me (popped the breaker immediately when it had power) so I assume it is the new unit and not some wiring issue or anything.

Thanks!
Greg

I've got a similar thing going on....

I replaced my IC40 in mid September. Since then, it goes thru the following cycle:

1. All lights go out for a second or two.
2. Red and green Salt lights alternately blink...this condition lasts for 2 minutes
3. Normal lights are lit green....this condition lasts for 30 seconds.
4. Back to Step 1 above.

Pentair has replaced the IC40, but the symptoms remain the same. Our tech is telling me he needs to replace a circuit board in my Easytouch panel. I'm not sure when he'll get the board in, but suspect he'll be able to get the board swap within the next week or so.

Dave,

Alas...the cable on our IC40 isn't long enough to directly reach the Easytouch panel. Although my issue could be with the extender cable, I've no way to know for sure. (Seems odd that there's a circuit board in the Easytouch panel that could be causing this).

Anyway...no word from the local Pentair tech as to when he'll get the replacement board in and get it swapped out.

Just an update on this....

The pool tech company that Pentair sent out has replaced a circuit board in our Easytouch panel and the IC40 cell. I'm being told that, when the cell is now connected directly to the Easytouch panel, the cell works properly. However, when the cell is connected to the Easytouch panel via the extender cable, the cell doesn't work properly.

The company told me yesterday that Pentair is sending them a "beta" IC40 that's designed to work at a lower voltage requirement....something about too much voltage loss when using the extender cable. They told me the new "beta" cell will be installed this Friday.

(No mention was made if the pool tech tried a new extender cable or not...I'm still wondering if the extender cable is the root of the entire issue or not).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.