Using Chlorine generator with Bromine

Mar 19, 2015
Stanwood, WA
Is it possible to use a Chlorine generator and saltwater as the oxider to activate the sodium bromide? I am using the 3 step process now with the bromide tablets and MPS for weekly shock. Could I use saltwater and the Chlorine generator instead of the bromide tablets?

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Yes that is possible, and it is also possible to add enough sodium bromide, instead of sodium chloride, to have the generator generate bromine directly. Note that not all spas use high quality components that can handle higher salt levels well.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Yes that is possible, and it is also possible to add enough sodium bromide, instead of sodium chloride, to have the generator generate bromine directly. Note that not all spas use high quality components that can handle higher salt levels well.

I'm sorry to respond so late. Was expecting email subscription remainders. Anyway - would the level of sodium bromide have to be the same as sodium chloride, 2500-3000 ppm? And no way to test the sodium bromide level? Hmmm.... interesting thought, although I am finding it not too hard, nor expensive to keep the bromide tablets going.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.