Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Closing pool this week

1. Back To Top    #1

Closing pool this week

I am going to close the pool on Thursday, so I started taking ladders and handrails off today. Add bleach to bring it up to slam level, and will let it drift down before closing and covering. All other numbers looked very good.

This is a picture of the inside of the ladder when I took it off today. I didn't see anything else that looked funny, but I am not sure if this is some sort of algae, of maybe a salt residue. Any thoughts?
    http://
    Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, SPLAPOOL 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Closing pool this week

Looks like either salt or calcium residue. This is inside the pipe that's mounted into your pool deck, correct? Nothing to worry about. Clean it out with a brush and next season when you put it back in, coat the outside of the pipe with some vaseline to ease removal in the fall.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks JV! I've already taken the steps apart and cleaned everything. (Wife thinks I'm crazy). That is correct about these mount into the deck. I'll remember the Vaseline thing next spring! Thanks!
    Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, SPLAPOOL 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

I wouldn't use vasoline near the pool. It is a petroleum product.

5. Back To Top    #5

Meh. It shouldn't be going in the pool. I don't see a problem with using it on the pool deck mounting holes. If you're worried about it, use a teflon or silicone based grease.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons