Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Compupool CPX series "NO CELL" indication on LCD. FIX for issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Compupool CPX series "NO CELL" indication on LCD. FIX for issue

Hello All,
    Hope this helps others. I have been a supporter of Compupool SWCG but my support is wavering. I've had issues with previous products (CPSC), but they have stood by the warranty and have addressed the issues.

Recently received a NO CELL indication on the LCD. Checked the amphenol connector and found some charring. Reseated the connector and the unit started working again.

Recommend if you get this indicator check the connector at the power supply and add some dielectric grease to the contacts.

Hope this helps.

Connector showing charring.jpg

dielectric.jpg
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Compupool CPX series "NO CELL" indication on LCD. FIX for issue

I have completely stopped recommending CompuPool as there have been too many issues with their SWCG's.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

When this unit goes I'm considering going to the Haywared Aqua Rite. They all have their issues. At least with the Aqua-Rite it's a $5.00 part (thermistor/Ametherm SL32 2R025 BigAMP current inrush limiter).
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

Well continuing with the saga. Getting the NO CELL indication again. Contacted customer support, going to get replacement cell. None instock, waited for a month for an update. Called back talked to Jason, told him I needed a replacement cell, and an update on when they'll get some cells, discussed buyback option. He got back to me, is working with a distributor to get cell shipped from them.
    Recieved updated dated info, that I'd be getting a replacement cell, covered. Cell was delivered, damaged during shipping. Frustrated called back/emailed shipper will receive another replacement.
    Replacement due tomorrow.

5. Back To Top    #5

Received replacement cell its from one of their other lines of products. Same cell different color, installed works 4.0. Life is good again.

6. Back To Top    #6

OK, this is getting old. Getting another "NO CELL", they're sending a replacement out. Once this is done and over I'm going with another brand.

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm surprised you got hold of them. They totally ignored me when I tried to contact them a couple of weeks ago.

Hey, another thing, my CircuPool unit runs pretty cool. My CPSC would get so hot that you could not touch it.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks Robbie. Just rub it in...LOL :P

I was a strong supporter of Compupool, now not so much. When it work, great. Otherwise. arggh...