Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AGP Equpiment Suggestions

1. Back To Top    #1

AGP Equpiment Suggestions

So I have decided to jump into getting a pool for next year. Figured Fall/Winter would be a good time to start looking. Here is what I am looking at from Best Above Ground Pools - The Pool Factory
    My wife says we have to have saltwater pool. and they offer a $200 off coupon if you spend more then $4495 right now. Thanks for any recommendations
    Option 1 $4348 Delivered

18' X 33' X 54" Saltwater 8000 Oval Pool - (18 Feet Wide, 33 Feet Long, 54 Inches High)

25 Gauge Catalina Uni-Bead Vinyl Liner

Aquapro 19" Sand Filter System 2-HP Pump (sand not included)

Confer Swing-up Resin Safety Ladder #7100

Solaxx Saltron Retro XL Salt Water System
    Hayward Widemouth Thru-wall Skimmer & Return Fitting

Free Shipping

Option 2 $4713.99 Delivered

18' X 33' X 54" Saltwater 8000 Oval Pool

25 Gauge Catalina Uni-Bead Vinyl Liner

AquaPro 19" Sand Filter System 1.5-HP Pump 2 Year Warranty

Confer Swing-up Resin Safety Ladder #7100

Hayward Aqua Trol RJ Salt Chlorine Generator System

18'x33' Oval Peel N' Stick Foam Pool Cove

Saltwater Series Chemical Maintenance Kit with Test Kits

Hayward Widemouth Thru-wall Skimmer & Return Fitting

Local pool installer said installation is $1400 for that size pool and that includes 5 yards of sand and would bury in the ground 12" to meet the height of my current deck.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AGP Equpiment Suggestions

Sounds nice! I put foam pad on bottom of mine, I would recoment foam pad for either one. I bought my 8000 pool from
    http://www.poolfly.com/above_ground_pools.asp
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't have enough expertise to recommend any equipment/price comparisons. Where are you located? A heater might be in your future and sometimes that is easier to plumb in for now even if you don't add it until later. Also, why salt water? From the posts I have seen on this site, I haven't seen much benefit to salt water. Just curious.
    blondemarcello
    18x33 16,700 gallon AG
    Sand, TFP Test, Gas heater
    Minnesota

4. Back To Top    #4

I do plan on adding solar on my roof my neighbor and I can tackle that later. As for having saltwater my wife fell in love my neighbors IGP that is saltwater and he has stated the ease of maintaining it. Also my uncle has a pool and its chlorine and it makes you all itchy and eyes hurt Etc. Local pool dealers have recommended Simple Salt and the pool frog both of which I have heard horror stories about. I'm on well water and it's a shallow well so I think I am going to have water trucked in. I am located in the Hampton roads area of Virginia. Neighbors pool is 30k gallons with no heater and he is swimming from middle may to middle September

5. Back To Top    #5

I had a 4x20 ft solar panel on my garage roof for about 5 years. We had a big wind storm tear it off. Just to let you know to prepare. It did help a lot.
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

6. Back To Top    #6

I would recommend at least a 22" and probably a 24" minimum sand filter for that size pool. 250 or 300 lb. sand.

A 1.5 hp pump is more than enough.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

7. Back To Top    #7

We have a salt pool and the ease of maintenance sold us. Remember when you start up use bleach to get you to the level of chlorine. Add your stabilizer to get your CYA to the right level. Add salt and turn on your generator. This past season we had zero issues - pool was balanced - water had a good feel to it. I too recommend using salt water generator as your source of chlorine. Keep in mind salt is salt...so save the money and buy basic solar salt and not pool salt. The difference is size - pool salt dissolves quicker but the minutes it is faster does not out weigh the cost.

I didn't see a vacuum in your list. We have an aqua bug by Hayward....I would put it in the 'ok' section.

Include the TF100 test kit and a Speed Stir in your list of things to buy.
    Diane

15,000 salty gallons - 24' x 12' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame Pool
    Intex Sand Filter, Pump, SWG - TF-100 and speed stir

8. Back To Top    #8

Foam cove should be cheap (less than $200) and well worth it in my opinion - ir makes the pool look much nicer, and my vac likes it better.

I too have a friend with an IG salt water pool, and I will be converting my ABG to salt this spring. I like the idea of not having to add bleach every day. Some days my schedule makes it a pain.

-dave
    27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo