Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Artic Armour winter cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Artic Armour winter cover

So I just bought and installed this Artic Armour cover (mesh) after reading some posts somewhere that people liked these and all they had to do was occasionally blow the leaves off the cover. I don't see how you could ever "blow the leaves off" with the cover laying on top of the water, letting water through. As you can see in the pic, I am using a plastic 55 gal drum as a pool pillow. Am I doing something wrong?
    Prior to this year, I had used tarp like winter cover that required draining of rain water.
    Attachment 43229
    24' round, above-ground Doughboy, Mistique 52" side-wall pool w/ bowl shaped bottom. (approx 15,200 gallons). Installed in 2007.
    #200 Sand Dollar Filter. All new sand in 2014.
    1.5 HP Dynamo pump. New impeller and shaft seal in 2015.
    New liner installed in 2015.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Artic Armour winter cover

I don't remember what tarp we bought but it was suppose to drain the rain water through. We had to get it really taut to be able to get the rain water to drain through the mesh. Yours doesn't look tight enough for this to happen.
    blondemarcello
    18x33 16,700 gallon AG
    Sand, TFP Test, Gas heater
    Minnesota

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Artic Armour winter cover

Thanks.
    I feel like if I were to pull it any tighter it would rip! I did try it first without the 55 gal drum, but there was just more of the cover laying in the water then.
    I'm thinking I should have just bought a regular winter cover and dealt with the occasional pumping it out!
    24' round, above-ground Doughboy, Mistique 52" side-wall pool w/ bowl shaped bottom. (approx 15,200 gallons). Installed in 2007.
    #200 Sand Dollar Filter. All new sand in 2014.
    1.5 HP Dynamo pump. New impeller and shaft seal in 2015.
    New liner installed in 2015.