Ballpark Parts and Labor to Replace my Raypak 2100

nazran

Jul 23, 2012
Dallas Ft Worth
I am running in to problems with my gas heater and I am wondering if anyone who does this for a living could ballpark a figure on parts/labor for replacing my Raypak 2100. I am a layman. I assume there is a current model that could replace my aging one. I have a 33000 gallon pool with SWG. I live in North Texas.

I replaced mine 2 years ago with a new 2100 400K btu with cupro nickel heat exchanger bought on the internet for $2100. I installed it myself. Everything lined up except they moved the power inlet higher up so I had to add some electrical conduit. I went through replacing boards on the old one at $500 each. I wish I would have just bought a new one at that time.

I replaced mine 2 years ago with a new 2100 400K btu with cupro nickel heat exchanger bought on the internet for $2100. I installed it myself. Everything lined up except they moved the power inlet higher up so I had to add some electrical conduit. I went through replacing boards on the old one at $500 each. I wish I would have just bought a new one at that time.

Nevermind... a quick search revealed they still make this model :)

It is actually a 406k btu but bought it from primepoolmarket.com. It looks like the price is up to $2250 for my heater now but at the time they had the best price I could find. It was shipped on a skid dropped off on my driveway. Had no issues with it but some say that the warranty won't get covered if not installed by a pro. I had quotes with installation for the same heater at around $3500. Also there are no taxes because of the internet sale not in my state.

It is actually a 406k btu but bought it from primepoolmarket.com. It looks like the price is up to $2250 for my heater now but at the time they had the best price I could find. It was shipped on a skid dropped off on my driveway. Had no issues with it but some say that the warranty won't get covered if not installed by a pro. I had quotes with installation for the same heater at around $3500. Also there are no taxes because of the internet sale not in my state.

Yeah that is a bit above my skill level I believe :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.