Sta Rite SR333Na malfuction

Oct 3, 2015
Wallace, N C
My Sta Rite SR333 has been unused for some time. When I attempted to heat the pool it work well for a while then started firing the burner and shutting down. Thinking it was the regulator I replaced it with and identical regulator and the problem was not fixed.
I believe based on research that the ignitor could be bad even though the heater is firing.
My question is does the ignitor just light the Lp or does it light and have other jobs to maintain the flame?

There should be some diagnostic codes to give you an idea what might be wrong...at least a starting point. It looks like the igniter may also be the flame sensor on this unit. I also see stack temp sensors on the schematic. You really need to see if there is any indicator lights giving you a code.

Is the "service heater" LED coming on? If so, you need to look under the round dome top to see what LEDs are lit on the board. This is if the display is not giving you a code that beings with E.

No error codes on display. AGS light is on in circuit board. Removed and replace AGS. Same issue. Found the ignition module should read a resistance of 50-500 ohm. My reading is 0. Ordered ignition. PentairPools was helpful to do test. Thanks for replies. Hope to have part Monday.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.