Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Low profile hand rails?

1. Back To Top    #1

Phoenix, AZ

Low profile hand rails?

Hi All,

I made a thread yesterday talking about how my pool seems to be quite close to my house. We had planned on putting recessed stairs in the pool wall on the side near the house. However, now that the space there is so tight, I am afraid that there is no room to fit the handrail. Do you know of any handrails that I can get that have a very small footprint, as in they don't encroach into the pool deck very much? Ideally, I'd want something that's set like 6" back from the deck edge and that has zero overhang onto the house side of the deck. See drawing below.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Low profile hand rails? : Pool Spa Small Hand Grab Rail Stainless Steel with Base plate EASY mount : Patio, Lawn Garden

I found these.

Do you already have the pool built? can you change where the steps go? Could you put them on the end instead?

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Dallas Ga

Re: Low profile hand rails?

I made my own out of 2" thick wall PVC. Mine are not permanent mounted, but they could be just like the metal ones. I just wanted to be able to move them around as needed.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me) Goldline SWG Intermec 104 TImer Test kit K-2006-C