Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What are you guys storing your pool in during the winter?

1. Back To Top    #1

What are you guys storing your pool in during the winter?

The box the pool came in bit the dust and I need to take the pool down. It's a 16'x48" pool. Thanks!
    5,000 gal above ground pool summer escapes pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What are you guys storing your pool in during the winter?

I just wrap mine up in a tarp, and then rope around it. Lays on top of a large Rubbermaid container that I put all the hoses, etc in.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

3. Back To Top    #3

Got 2 Christmas tree totes, one for the pool one for the poles
    Intex 18' x 48" - Intex 3000 sand filter - Taylor K-2006

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a large plastic deck storage box with a tight fitting lid that my liner will ride out this winter in. All my metal parts fit in a large wheeled Waste Management trash can. I will bunge the lid closed on that.
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........

5. Back To Top    #5

Pool is (sort of-mostly in and covered with several layers of towels with top over that) in a large, 50 some gallon tote. Last year it fit slightly better, but this year, not so much.

Pump, hoses, SWG and the rest of the mechanics are in an 18 gallon tote. Another tote has the spare filters and other supplies and chemicals in it. All the totes are stored in the basement. Poles are stored between the studs in the wall of the shed outside.

If I can find a deck box that I can get through the basement door, I might get one to store the pool in. Then once the pool is up, I can store the seat cushions over the summer in it.
    Suzy
    Intex Metal Frame Pool - 15' x 48" - 4440 gallons, with the Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump 1500 gph
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System - 7000 gallons. TF-100 test kit
    Installed June 2014 - complete newbie to pool ownership