Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can I remove the PVC cap from my front yard sewer pipe and drain my pool water there?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can I remove the PVC cap from my front yard sewer pipe and drain my pool water there?

Just curious...I have this big PVC cap in front of my house which I assume is from the sewer drain. Can I remove it and drain some of the water from my pool there? My house is not very long so this is my other choice instead of draining into my yard.
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can I remove the PVC cap from my front yard sewer pipe and drain my pool water th

That is likely a clean-out and would be fine to drain pool water to.
    ----Chris----
    25k IG/Spa Figure 8, 18x36, Pebble Sheen Blue Granite, Sta-Rite S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Pentair 460805 400k BTU Heater & 011018 IntelliFlo VarSpd
    Liquidator, Fafco Solar Heat, Polaris PB460 Booster Pump w/280 cleaner, Katchaleaf Cover, TF100 Test Kit, FAKE MAIN DRAIN

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Can I remove the PVC cap from my front yard sewer pipe and drain my pool water th

Are you on city sewer or septic?
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

City sewer. City charges me for water and sewage when I fill up my pool after winter. So why just drain the water in the yard when I paid already for city taking it back. It's like draining the money down your backyard.
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Most city's give an allowance for water only use, like pool filling. You just wave to ask/insist.

You're probably okay. I would be worried about it backing up into the house piping someway. That's what would happen if I tried it, I'm sure.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    Most city's give an allowance for water only use, like pool filling. You just wave to ask/insist.

You're probably okay. I would be worried about it backing up into the house piping someway. That's what would happen if I tried it, I'm sure.
    They gave me that discount first time. Then next year when I asked they said they have never done it and I have to pay.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

My city doesn't give me squat lol. I call every year at fill up time to try to get the reduction on my sewer bill (in hopes their rules have changed), I tell them every year I am filling my pool, and the water isn't going into the sewer, it's going into the pool, but nope lol they make no allowances or reductions on the sewer bill for pool filling.

I have a lot of indoor draining issues because of roots getting into my sewer lines outside. I need to get my outside sewer lines cleaned out again to be able to do that here. LOL but I'm like Bob, with my luck mine would backflow back into the house somehow, and cause me more issues.

But yeah, if you have no potential draining issues then Let Er Rip, lol, and while you're at it, give em some for me too.
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes. My City actually requires pool water to got thru the sewer system. It was their recommendation that I do exactly what you are proposing.
    Ant
    16'x48" Summer Escapes Pro-Series, AG, Ultra-Frame, Intex CS15110 Sand filter/SWG, 5061 GAL, TF-100 Test Kit w/ K-1766 Salt Test and Speedstir.
    Pool School, ABC's of Water Chemistry, CYA/Chlorine Chart, Water Balance for SWG's, Pool Math.