advise on pool numbers new finish

roth79

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
Just had my pool refinished with wet edge satin finish last week, its been 10 days and here are my numbers with tft 100.

FC 6
CC 0
PH 7.2
Ta 70
CH 230
CYA 30
Temp florida 82 degrees

It is a salt pool but I am not going to add for 30 days and I did use a few pucks to add some cya and then a little stabilizer powder. Advise on my numbers as I am wanting to add borates again but I will wait till its stable, the above numbers are 10 minutes ago. As the advise here the PH is rising daily so MA Daily.

I just set up pump timer as it has been running 24-7 for the last 7 days, and brushing daily.

Any advise on the numbers above please.

Roth

Hello Roth. At first glance those numbers look pretty rock-solid, but as I compare to your CSI level on the poolmath calculator, the CSI is a bit low (-0.49). If you go past -.6 it can effect your plaster. So you could raise your CH up to about 330, let your TA slide up to about 80, and pH to about 7.4. Those 3 subtle increases help bring your CSI -0.13 which is much closer to zero. Let the pH go to 7.5 and your CSI goes to -0.04. If you play around with the numbers (CH, pH, and TA) on the calculator, you'll see what I mean.

Hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, your FC and CYA levels look good since you're waiting to add salt. :goodjob:

Borax will indeed raise your pH, and based on the CSI that would help bring your CSI closer to zero. So you could either add a little borax or just let aeration do its thing until your pH gets to 7.4-7.5. Maybe not too much acid for a short bit and see how everything rises. That will help the CSI. The poolmath calculator will confirm everything for you as you go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.