Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Overflow Coping?

1. Back To Top    #1

Overflow Coping?

First I need to learn the right terminology.

Then I'm wondering what resources and design considerations are required.

And finally of course is costs.

You can see my pool in my other thread, a large lazy L. So there are three edges to the shallow end and three edges to the deep end. I have always liked overflow commercial pools And I started thinking about the idea for my shallow end.

So if I understand correctly, it would require the trenches, overflow coping, and drain cover for the trenches. Also it would require a compensation tank or reservoir.

So any helpful suggestions on where to start looking for information? Positives? Negatives?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Overflow Coping?

I don't have much to help you, other than what I think you are describing is called a "negative edge" pool. If you use those terms in your search, you might find some of the information you are looking for.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Overflow Coping?

Thanks Jamie.
    Negative edge seems to be used when there's a visible drop-off.

Plenty of hits for products searching for overflow coping:
    overflow coping - Google-Suche

What I'm hoping is that someone on here might have a good set of pointers on where to being.