Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new wet edge finish start up advise

1. Back To Top    #1

new wet edge finish start up advise

Just had my pool refinished with wet edge satin finish last week, its been 10 days and here are my numbers with tft 100.

FC 6
    CC 0
    PH 7.6
    Ta 80
    CH 230
    CYA 30
    Temp florida 82 degrees

It is a salt pool but I am not going to add for 30 days and I did use a few pucks to add some cya and then a little stabilizer powder. Advise on my numbers as I am wanting to add borates again but I will wait till its stable, the above numbers are 10 minutes ago so I am going to add 2 cups MA now. As the advise here the PH is rising daily so MA Daily.

I just set up pump timer as it has been running 24-7 for the last 7 days, and brushing daily.

Any advise on the numbers above please.

Roth
    Last edited by roth79; 10-04-2015 at 01:53 PM. Reason: forgot PH
    13000 in ground Wet Edge Satin Tahitian Blue, Pentair VS pump, Hayward DE4820, Hayward Vac, Pentair SWG IC 40, Pentair Intellibrite 5G, Intellibrite Controller,
    TF-100 Test Kit, Seminole, West Central Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new wet edge finish start up advise

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Not sure if you know about this link.

You forgot to list the PH.

I think you should wait quite a while before adding borates. At least until your levels get stable. That could be quite a while for new plaster.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Ooops thanks.

R
    13000 in ground Wet Edge Satin Tahitian Blue, Pentair VS pump, Hayward DE4820, Hayward Vac, Pentair SWG IC 40, Pentair Intellibrite 5G, Intellibrite Controller,

4. Back To Top    #4

LOVE the look of the numbers. It really looks like you have a handle on it!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Numbers look good. The most important thing is to keep your PH 7.8 or lower.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you both.

7. Back To Top    #7

Updated at about 30 days, ready to salt this thing!

New numbers.

PH 7.5, dropping to 7.2 tonight. adding 2 cups MA
    fc 4.5 (used liquid and Tabs for a little cya)
    cc 0
    Ta 70
    CH 300
    CYA 60
    Borates 0
    Salt 0
    Temp 72 (yup Florida!)

Its a new Wet Edge satin finish and its looking pretty good. I need to keep brushing to show some more sparkle but its getting there.

What do you think regarding the numbers? I am thinking on raising the CYA to 70 as outlined in pool school for SWG.

Thanks,

Roth

8. Back To Top    #8

Numbers look great. Yep, raise the CYA and add some salt. Nice work!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach