I completed a successful slam just about 6 months ago and know there is no "live" algae in the pool. I have not been able to get the residual junk out of the pool all season.
Steps I take:
1. Vacuum ever 3 days or so.
2. Brush every 3 days after I vacuum.
3. Pump is on twice per day for (4) hours at a time.
My issue is that the I only have one skimmer at the top level of the pool. The stuff I'm trying to get out of the pool sinks to the bottom after a few hours and the skimmer does not seem to get rid of it. When ever I vacuum it just completely clouds up the pool. I have been repeating this process for 6 months straight now and it has not gotten better or worse.
I need to understand a few things:
(1) does the skimmer actually take "junk" out of the pool or is it solely to circulate the water so algae does not grow?
(2) is the clouding normal or should the vacuum not be making the pool cloudy?
(3) Should I still be brushing as well or is this causing the continued issues.
I'm at a very frustrated point now and need exact steps to clean out my above ground pool. Tools at my disposal are:
* a hayward pump with 150lbs sand container
* 1 manual vacuum hose that can reach the entire pool
* 1 manual vacuum head from the pool store
I can still use the pool even though it is cloudy, I just want the junk out. How is this done?