Aqua Rite Reading "Cold"

Jun 30, 2013
Plano, TX
Hello - my Aqua Rite display has been regularly displaying "Cold" for about a month. I've successfully re-set the display to the correct readings each time, but it eventually goes back to showing "Cold." Since it's not generating, I've been using bleach to maintain FC levels. I've taken the cell into the pool store for testing, and the tests are indicating that the cell is working. I've also inspected the circuit boards inside the salt chlorinator box and they look like new, and there are no insects or debris inside the box. The salt chlorinator box is the original and was installed in 2004.

I also found a page on the Goldline Controls website -

http://www.goldlinecontrols.info/aqua_rite_settings.htm

This page contains information on settings and troubleshooting for the aqua rite. The page says that if when you unplug the salt cell from the box and the temperature display reads 77, it's probably a problem with the cell. When I unplugged the cell, my temperature reading changed to 77 (from -5). I've seen in other threads on this site that if the temp sensor in the cell fails, then the entire cell must be replaced. Does anyone know that for sure? Can anyone confirm that the salt cell test can indicate that the cell is working even with a failed temperature sensor? Based on my description, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do next?

Thanks!

Remove and reseat the display circuit board.

My guess is that the temperature sensor is failing and the cell will need to be replaced. It passes at the store because it is just like when you reset the display the cell works for a little while. How old is the cell?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.