measuring powder chems Weights?

roth79

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
I have a stupid question, I don't own a scale but if I wanted to add for example 1 lb of calc chloride or any powder chems can I use a DE scoop, you know the orange ones that have 1lb of de fill to this line, or are those measurements just for DE powder. I use powder CYA, I buy 5lbs Baking soda, etc, all powder except the acid.

I really don't know the answer, any help please.

Roth

Powders vary in their density so it entirely depends on the powder's weight to volume ratio.

Just buy a cheap digital kitchen scale that weigh in ounces and can go up to 5lbs. That's what I use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a small inexpensive diet scale I use to measure any powders. When I bought a large bag of baking soda I measured out a 1/4 cup which weighed 4 ounces. I marked the container for later reference.

I don't know anything about DE scoops, sorry. You can get a good digital scale on Amazon for about $15. (pssst- useful for cooking too! )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.