New Owner Build pool/spa,Henderson,NV, any comments, suggestions, advices are welcome

Tim I think the plans look great!

A couple of comments, maybe the experts can correct me if I'm off-base:
I'd consider two lights. The one will have to travel 30', in my opinion that's a bit of a stretch for a single light (based on my lights). Also, how difficult would it be to add another skimmer? Love the bench, ask you know we use ours extensively.

Kim :
When they take a spray paint and sketch out the shape of our pool from a drawing , then for sure I will post its photo .
QingGuy:
Thanks again QingGuy, without your helps and introducing me to one of your best sub then I wouldn’t have a chance to go with owner/builder .
The light travel in my case is 44’ , I think it would be enough for a 30’ pool length ,specially it is placed at the deep side and an existing flood light on a small backyard.
Yeah, the long bench is a copy from your pool .
Helen203:
Yes, I hear you, and being prepared for the mess ! hopefully HOA and our neighbors are OK with all of these things as well.

WOW! Got to love a HOA. I would be taking pictures of EVERYTHING before with a time stamp AND printing them out to show the HOA pres and have them sign off how things look NOW so they cannot "make up" stuff to keep the money. (I don't trust HOAs so......)

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
DSC_0079R.jpg

Excavation : Do need jack hammer to split some rocks , no charged.

5' wet deck----------if it is just for walking that should be fine BUT it you want to put a lounger or such on it 5' will be too small.

Kim

Hi Kim ,
I wish my backyard is a little bit bigger , then 6'-8' wet deck would be perfect . Saving more room to swim that I love the most.

Question to everyone about Pool bench (extended love seat) dimensions :
1/ The depth from water line : 12” to 24” .
2/ The width (seated area) : 16” to 20” .
To you ,which size is more confortable ?
Thanks

Bench:

width (where your bottom sits) 20" is what my chair at my computer is. It supports the back of my legs great.

Depth 12" is just under my chest. I think 24" would be too deep for most. Look at your smallest adult and see where THEY would like it.

Kim

Bench:

width (where your bottom sits) 20" is what my chair at my computer is. It supports the back of my legs great.

Depth 12" is just under my chest. I think 24" would be too deep for most. Look at your smallest adult and see where THEY would like it.

Kim

Thanks Kim,
I think , in our case (small backyard pool), 16" for both Width and Depth is a reasonable way to save more room for swimming.

- - - Updated - - -

This will be fun to watch! Your pool is about the size of my plan. I really like the curves of yours! I envy (in a good way) those of you that can save $$ with doing an owner build.

Thanks Nursenini , for your inputs .

Same as yours, my first plan was choosing a reputable builders in town (online reviews, friends, neighbors…) and came up with 4 quotes, however, they all introduce me into building the pool the way they wanted to be. Luckily, I found TFP and learned a lot about BYOP , especially QingGuy, as an OB ,he referred me to a good subs.
If I can do it , anyone can do it ,even better! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Excavation : deeper ! more rocks...more Jack Hammer ... getting closer .

DSC_0092R.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.