Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Owner Build pool/spa,Henderson,NV, any comments, suggestions, advices are welcome

1. Back To Top    #1

New Owner Build pool/spa,Henderson,NV, any comments, suggestions, advices are welcome

Hi All,
    Here where we are now :
    1. Design and Engineering is done.
    2. City permit is approved.
    3. Utilities markers are done.
    4. Lay out and HOA are next.
    Floor Plan 162 - 01.jpgFloor Plan 162 - 02.jpgFloor Plan 162 - 03.jpgFloor Plan 162 - 04.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Owner Build pool/spa,Henderson,NV, any comments, suggestions, advices are wel

I like the shape of the pool! You are going to love the bench in the deep end.

We would love to see a yard pic so see where you will be putting the pool!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Owner Build pool/spa,Henderson,NV, any comments, suggestions, advices are wel

Tim I think the plans look great!

A couple of comments, maybe the experts can correct me if I'm off-base:
    I'd consider two lights. The one will have to travel 30', in my opinion that's a bit of a stretch for a single light (based on my lights). Also, how difficult would it be to add another skimmer? Love the bench, ask you know we use ours extensively.
    SUMMER 2015 BUILD IG gunite 38 x 31, 28,000 gal, 110' perimeter, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflow 3hp, Intellibrite LED x2, Clean & Clear 520, Screen Logic, Intelichlor 40, Quartzscape Blue, K-2006C, Speedstir, Aquanaut 400 (4 wheel The Pool Cleaner)

4. Back To Top    #4

I see your access requires a mini bobcat -- we were in the same boat. Prepare for a lot of yard destruction!
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

Kim :
    When they take a spray paint and sketch out the shape of our pool from a drawing , then for sure I will post its photo .
    QingGuy:
    Thanks again QingGuy, without your helps and introducing me to one of your best sub then I wouldn’t have a chance to go with owner/builder .
    The light travel in my case is 44’ , I think it would be enough for a 30’ pool length ,specially it is placed at the deep side and an existing flood light on a small backyard.
    Yeah, the long bench is a copy from your pool .
    Helen203:
    Yes, I hear you, and being prepared for the mess ! hopefully HOA and our neighbors are OK with all of these things as well.

6. Back To Top    #6

It took our HOA a whole week to approve with a $1000USD refundable deposit.
    Excavation (Ron Brown) will be next.

7. Back To Top    #7

who did you pay the deposit to? and what was if for?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    who did you pay the deposit to? and what was if for?

Kim
    It is for HOA (Terrawest) as a security deposit just in case the community properties (curbs ,walls, trees....etc) are damaged by our pool's construction.

9. Back To Top    #9

WOW! Got to love a HOA. I would be taking pictures of EVERYTHING before with a time stamp AND printing them out to show the HOA pres and have them sign off how things look NOW so they cannot "make up" stuff to keep the money. (I don't trust HOAs so......)

Kim

10. Back To Top    #10

Can't wait to see your progress and finished pool!
    Kristin in Henderson NV. Newly Renovated 07/2017, built 99/00, owned since 2012. 15k free form, IG Gunite, Barbados Blue Quartzscapes Plaster, Hayward Cartridge filter, Hayward variable speed pump, TF-100 Test Kit, Walnut Travertine deck & coping.

11. Back To Top    #11

My HOA is the same way. They have 1k of my money too.
    Pool is done! Only took 17 months! - Natural shape in-ground pool: 37x23, 505sq ft, 96ft perimeter, 7ft deep end, 18,950 gallons, tanning ledge, blue surf pebble sheen/luminous blue blend, Belgard coping, 910 sqft paver deck/walkways, retaining walls out the yinyang. Jandy SWG, 2 LED Color lights, VS 2HP Pump, 460sqft cartridge filter, PDA RS P8 controller. My build

12. Back To Top    #12

Layout : rocks will be removed.
    Wet Deck : 6' - Should it be changed to 5' ?
    DSC_0425_Resized.jpg

13. Back To Top    #13

Cool,
    I will be watching this one. I just submitted for permits today on my owner build pool. So I am a few weeks behind you, and will hopefully learn from your mistakes.. Kidding, I am sure it will be great.

Best of luck.

Jason
    Owner builder under construction - Free form 175' Perimeter, in-ground, 4' shallow to 9' deep, 45,500 gallons, Pebble sheen or like finish, Sand filtration, SWG, Ozonator, 2ea VS pumps, 1 XF pump, 16' wide natural rock waterfall over bench with slide, 8x9' spa, 18' stream, firepit area, tiki's, sunken ramada with stand up and sit up counters, with BBQ, sink, TV, sonos, etc. New Owner Builder Pool - Buckeye AZ

14. Back To Top    #14

5' wet deck----------if it is just for walking that should be fine BUT it you want to put a lounger or such on it 5' will be too small.

Kim

15. Back To Top    #15

Excavation : Do need jack hammer to split some rocks , no charged.

16. Back To Top    #16

I see a big hole in the ground! Such a sweet sight!

Kim

17. Back To Top    #17

5' wet deck----------if it is just for walking that should be fine BUT it you want to put a lounger or such on it 5' will be too small.

Kim
    Hi Kim ,
    I wish my backyard is a little bit bigger , then 6'-8' wet deck would be perfect . Saving more room to swim that I love the most.

Question to everyone about Pool bench (extended love seat) dimensions :
    1/ The depth from water line : 12” to 24” .
    2/ The width (seated area) : 16” to 20” .
    To you ,which size is more confortable ?
    Thanks

18. Back To Top    #18

Bench:

width (where your bottom sits) 20" is what my chair at my computer is. It supports the back of my legs great.

Depth 12" is just under my chest. I think 24" would be too deep for most. Look at your smallest adult and see where THEY would like it.

Kim

19. Back To Top    #19

TFP Guide

This will be fun to watch! Your pool is about the size of my plan. I really like the curves of yours! I envy (in a good way) those of you that can save $$ with doing an owner build.
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

20. Back To Top    #20

Bench:

width (where your bottom sits) 20" is what my chair at my computer is. It supports the back of my legs great.

Depth 12" is just under my chest. I think 24" would be too deep for most. Look at your smallest adult and see where THEY would like it.

Kim
    Thanks Kim,
    I think , in our case (small backyard pool), 16" for both Width and Depth is a reasonable way to save more room for swimming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nursenini View Post
    This will be fun to watch! Your pool is about the size of my plan. I really like the curves of yours! I envy (in a good way) those of you that can save $$ with doing an owner build.
    Thanks Nursenini , for your inputs .

Same as yours, my first plan was choosing a reputable builders in town (online reviews, friends, neighbors…) and came up with 4 quotes, however, they all introduce me into building the pool the way they wanted to be. Luckily, I found TFP and learned a lot about BYOP , especially QingGuy, as an OB ,he referred me to a good subs.
    If I can do it , anyone can do it ,even better!

- - - Updated - - -

Excavation : deeper ! more rocks...more Jack Hammer ... getting closer .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast