Poolmath change to recommended Calcium Hardness levels

paulio

Aug 31, 2013
HI Chaps,

It's the start of the season here in Australia and i did the full set of tests in order to balance the pool for the coming months. Not looking too bad, except the CH levels. My levels tested at 290 (with the TF100) which, when i Last looked at pool math, was in the goal 250-350 range but when I looked today I saw the the goal range is now 350-450. Pool school still refers to the 250-350 range so I don't know whether pool math has a typo or you guys have changed the goal? If so why? No worries to add a couple of Kilos of Hardness Increaser if necessary.

I'm also wondering if I should bump up TA? it always seems to come down over time and settles to around 50.

For reference the full set is :

CL 11.5
CC 0
CYA 70
Temp:26C
TA 50
PH 7.6
CH 290
Salt 3750

Paul

Hello Paul. The Poomath calculator and Recommended Levels chart were updated about a month ago. Several items were modified to allow for better consistency with pH and CSI adjustments among others. There may be an area or two elsewhere that still need to be corrected to match, but you're good with the calculator and levels chart. Remember, it's always a good idea to look at the CSI reading for your pool on the calculator after you've inserted your latest pH, TA, and CH readings to ensure you're maintaining the best water chemistry for your plaster. If you have any other questions, please let us know. Have a great season. :swim:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and your TA is fine for now. 50 might be good to keep your pH from rising. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.