Stuck in Spa mode

hillyjd

Sep 25, 2009
Tucson AZ
Noticed that the spa was draining into the pool at night when the in main pump was off. Suspected the one way valve was the issue, so I removed both of them (one is between one Jandy 2 position electric valve and spa and the other is after the Paramount 6-port in-floor cleaning valve). The one at the spa was definitely messy, so I cleaned it and reinstalled both of them. This is the first time I'd ever removed those check valves, so I didn't notice the flow arrow direction until after I had them, but I think I got it right. Turned the system back on, seemed to be ok so I switched it from pool mode to spa mode to make sure there were no leaks. Spa jets came on, seemed ok, but when I switched back to pool mode, spa jets stayed on. I notice that the electric valve never moves when I switch between spa and pool. There is a second electric valve before the intake side of the main pump. That valve is rotating each time I go from pool to spa mode. The other valve is not. Also, that first valve doesn't move even when I use the manual toggle switch. Do I assume that first valve has failed? Is there a way I can manually move that valve so I can get it back in pool mode and keep my pool clean?

Quick update - found the Jandy valve manual online. Should have done that first. Had the procedure for manually moving the valve. As I started to do that, the valve suddenly came to life!. Maybe stuck or something? Got it over to the other position so that part is good. The bad news, in the hour of so that I had the pump off, the spa drained about a foot of water out of it and into the pool. So it looks like cleaning the check valves didn't help. Any suggestions?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.