Do-it-yourself mosaic and tiles

Jul 29, 2015
Douglasville, GA
Hey all! Getting very close to going under contract with a pool builder. I have blown through my budget and they only thing in my backyard so far are lines I spray painted! Going to be an expensive endeavor.

We are wanting to put some tiles/mosaics in the pool. Either something lining the steps, or maybe in the shallow end. Still not a 100% sure. When we do the contract though, I am going to ask them to let me buy the tiles on my own and they install them. I am wondering, if they won't install them, or they want more money, has anyone done a mosaic install on your own before the plaster guys showed up? Just wondering if it's a job I could tackle on my own.

Thanks!

You just buy it and tell them about it. Tell them during the quotation period to include for that. The plaster guys should do it along with any other step tiles. Minimal extra charges. Mine varied from not shown on quote to 'included' to $200.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.