It's beginning to look like a pool!

Aug 6, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
This was started early last week and as of Wednesday, the pool is beginning to take shape. We were pretty constrained by the wide but narrow back yard combined with HOA requirements that we cannot build within 10 feet of the rear of the property line.

Ii DOES look like a poo! Care to share some specs on it??

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

colors? Tile? etc.

I know the color will be an aqua color, somewhat on the lighter side with some greenish hues but I don't recall the specifics of what we chose. As far as the surrounding pavers and coping, I cannot even recall what colors we picked. Or, rather, what my wife picked. The pool is 30' x 7', with it going to 12' wide off the back edge of the patio. The entire length of the house will have pavers put in and the entire thing will be enclosed. We're ending week 2 thus far and the builder told me it would take about 6 weeks or so to complete, so barring any unusual delays within a month it'll be done.

Yes I see it!! It's looking like a pool :), and I bet you all are so excited.

I also want to recommend that before you start maintaining your new pool that you order one of the recommended test kits, as getting one of these test kits will be one of the best investments you can make to properly manage your pool.
We recommend Either the TF-100 available at http://tftestkits.net/TF-100-Test-Kit-p4.html (which offers more bang for your buck)
or
the Taylor K-2006 also available http://tftestkits.net/Taylor-K-2006-p27.html and also available several places on line, and some of your local pool stores may also sell them too.

At first, of course, due to warranty reasons you'll Have to do it their way, and add what they tell you to add, etc., but you can still use your new kit at that time to test what is being added to your new pool.

Then after your warranty period ends we will be glad to help you switch over to the TFP method, if you'd like, because it is so easy, and a lot less expensive to maintain your pool using our method.
I'm really excited to watch the remainder of your pool build. Congrats and you'll be :swim: before you know it. Have a wonderful day :).

More pictures of the progress.

20151006_182529_zpsbuezurjc.jpg

20151021_1808081_zpslwu3sa5l.jpg

20151025_1837341_zps0txrahgl.jpg

20151025_1838051_zpssf2i0fmk.jpg

20151025_1840551_zpslrrzacsp.jpg

20151025_1841141_zps6l9syqo4.jpg

And now we have the final product! So far I'm very pleased with how it has turned out. I'm hoping our fence is completed either today or tomorrow and once that's done, the final steps are to get a landscaping company out to fix the side yard that was unfortunately obliterated when the trucks moved through and to get the sprinkler system back up and running.
20151125_1633001_zpskftomlrx.jpg

20151125_1633211_zps11z6tiir.jpg

20151125_1634311_zpssjx7uxjz.jpg

Thank you. The 3D designs provided by the builder looked good on paper, but the finished product turned out nicer than I anticipated. Plus, he was insistent on extending the deck from the end of the lanai to the other end of the house. Another builder came in with a much lower price point, but he wanted to stop the deck at the end of the lanai where the wall curved out toward the four windows. I'm glad we listened to the guy who wanted to extend it because it makes the space much more comfortable. Of course, in looking at the pictures I just noticed that I do not have any showing the area I'm talking about with the enclosure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What did you use for coping and decking? Apologies if you already said.

The coping and decking are pavers from a company called Tremron. I know the color of the patio is glacier. I couldn't believe how quickly it was put in, too. We woke up one Saturday morning to a gas powered wet saw running outside our bedroom window and three guys in the back yard. By the end of the day they had the whole thing done.

Wow. I love the way your pool came out. And, I love how quaint this little pool is. I do believe I love everything about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.