I'm in some serious need of advice, and the pool company I've been working with has abandoned me. Here are the facts:
1. We had a hole in our liner that caused a hole in the exterior wall. The hole is approx one foot down from the top of the pool.
2. We hired a company to replace the liner and repair the hole. They also installed wall foam.
3. Pool company fixed the hole on the inside by using a piece of flashing and Gorilla tape. They did not patch the exterior of the wall.
4. Water was splashing over the pool and into the hole on the exterior wall, which caused further rust and damage. Pool company suggested fixing this by filling the holes with silicon (not sure why they didn't do this originally). See July Wall photo to see the original hole at the top, and the larger rust spot forming below the original hole. Silicon worked to resolve 99% of the issue.
5. I spray painted the rusty spot in early September, and noticed that water was "weeping" through the repair point. If you look at the Sept Wall picture, you'll notice the little brown dots throughout - those are tiny beads of water.
6. Called pool company again, and they came out to look at liner (but did not remove the liner to look behind). They said there was no hole in the liner and the water that was weeping from the repair spot must have been from the morning dew getting in behind the silicon and being pushed out. Pool company suggested covering the repair spot with Gorilla tape.
7. Still not trusting the pool company, I used CLEAR Gorilla tape and completely sealed the repair point. Now, water is still weeping from the spot, but is now behind the Gorilla tape, which is worse. See the Sept Tape picture - you can see how the rust is runny and the tape is fogged.
Called the pool company again, and they are refusing to pull the liner back to reinspect. They said if there was a hole in the liner that water would be "spewing out" from the exterior wall. They are blaming rain and moisture even though I've already caulked and covered with Gorilla tape.
How can the water weeping from the repair point be explained if there's not a tiny hole in the interior liner? Has anyone ever dealt with this before?! The pool company keeps telling me I'm fixing the "textbook" way, but this makes no sense.
I'm in need of some serious help.