My liner is bulging

Oct 1, 2015
Uniontown
I let water out of my pool to begin to close. I took it right under the water returns and when I checked on it the side from which the water is draining has a bulging liner from all the water!!? Please tell me it will return back to normal once the ground absorbs it back?? I'm practically having an anxiety attack right now! Help!

Arg! Quick thoughts:
If you were draining anywhere near the pool, the water is emptying behind it. Can you dig a trench anywhere to siphon it off FAR away and lower than the pool water level? If not, you could pop the liner below the coping and siphon from there. Use a squeegie if wrinkles start to form. If I have some more ideas I will be back.

Uh, not sure. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not. You could keep an eye on it and see if the bulge grows OR GETS DEEPER and proceed from there. If it gets deeper (water sinking), I would get it out of there. How big is the bulge?

It is well below the water line. And it is not effecting the top of the liner at all. We had slot of rain this week and I have a former groundhog that burrowed under concrete so I'm sure those two things contributed to my problem. Should I just call a pool person to check it out? Are there any long term affects? Will this be more likely to happen again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.