Jandy Aqualink Experts!! Jandy Aqualink Firmware Upgrade

woollybully

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I currently have an RS6 with OneTouch, Firmware K and a SpaLink. I need Firmware L to control my fancy color lights. There's a RS8 upgrade kit (part number 7092) that includes a new OneTouch (which I have), a new PCB (which I have), temperature sensors (which I have but can use as spares) and the firmware chip I need. The RS8 upgrade kit is $850 from h2opoolproducts.

Questions:

1. Can I get the PDA-PS6 and replace the current PCB. If I add the multiplex PCB kit (6584) can I also keep my OneTouch. Cost for pda + multiplexer is $849 + $69 = $918 totlal. That's $68 more than the upgrade only, plus I get the remote control, two spare JVAs and two spare temp sensors.
2. Does anyone know where I can get the upgrade chip only (I only need Rev L which is ancient). I've been watching ebay and have seen plenty of PDA chip upgrades for $100-200 but no RS chips.

I also have a used Standard Power Center w/ 4 3HP Relays so I could offset some (or most) of the cost of the upgrade by selling a near-complete rev K system.

OK. I called Jandy. They actually sell a chip only upgrade for my unit which is Jandy part number 8172. The funny thing...the chip by itself is about $1700. Needless to say, I ordered the 7902 for under $800 and will replace the PCB with the new one. Now I'll have an extra nearly complete RS6 with power center. I'll post it for sale here before I put it on ebay.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.