Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG codes 172, 182, 185, 186

1. Back To Top    #1

Weatherford, TX

Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG codes 172, 182, 185, 186

Hi All, I am at wits and and I have already replaced most parts of my system. I am not producing chlorine unless I manually (at the box) press and hold in the button to put in boost mode, then I am producing 100% chlorine.

In the past month I have replaced the SWG cell, the sensor and the back board. I have the PSD306-01 front board, of which I cannot find any replacements at this point. I ran the test from the attached image and the results were:
    Test1: 2.7
    Test2: 74
    Test3: 91

So those tests seems to be in range. After I hooked the sensor back up I got the following error codes: 172, 182, 185, 186 (yes all of them) I am pretty much done with Jandy, I am thinking of installing a whole new salt generator and just selling off the barely used parts.

I am now wondering if I got a faulty "new" sensor and should try to get another or just get a whole new system?

I ran the volts tests on the Front board and it all seems ok. Thoughts ?? Any help?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Steve, 30K gallon in-ground, Jandy Aquapure 1400

2. Back To Top    #2

Long Beach, CA

Re: Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG codes 172, 182, 185, 186

Welcome to TFP!

All of those error codes point to a bad sensor. Which new sensor model do you have?
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process