Pouring concrete around pool area

Jun 18, 2014
Glendora, CA
Hello,

I want to have the old concrete remove and have new concrete pour in the backyard. I am just concern about the lip of the pool (not sure what it is called, but its about one feet where the portion of the pool curves down to meet the concrete) being damaged. Is it an easy process for them not to crack the edge.

I have had three driveways poured before but nothing around the pool.

Thanks for your advice.

TT

You will need to pick the right people to do the job. I be right there watching them every second. I would even go so far as to have a written contract stating they are on the hook for any and all repairs caused by them.

Kim

TT, I don't see any pool info in your signature, but we can assume you have an in-ground pool. What kind (vinyl, plaster, fiberglass)? The concrete or brick trim around your pool's edge is typically referred to as your coping. Beyond that may be your decking where everyone walks. If you are have having concrete work done close to the edge of the pool (coping), there are a couple things that come to mind. If you are leaving the edge (coping) that's right against the edge of the pool, I suspect your contractor will "score" or cut a line to separate the bad concrete being removed from the coping that will remain next to the pool. It might help if you knew exactly where your plumbing lines ran (even though they should do down deep away from concrete work, but you never know. Also if you have a ground or bonding line. More than likely these will not be issues, but if you know in advance it's nice. The other thing is concrete debris and dust. The cutting, chiseling, and mixing of old and new concrete will certainly make it to the pool. You might want to consider trying to stretch a tarp or some type of cover across that area just to cut-down on the amount of junk that goes into the water. Just a preventive maintenance kind of thing. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.