Solar heating options for an in-ground pool

Jul 20, 2015
Waco TX
This is our first summer with a pool and we are eager to extend our swimming season as long as possible. We've got a 12 mil solar blanket that is on the pool any time we are not swimming and our water temperature was 88 degrees last night. That will change soon, however, I'm sure as the ambient temperatures go down in the next month or so.

Our equipment pad is on the south side of our house and we have a large expanse of roof on that side of the house. I am hoping that this is an ideal set up for a solar heating system.

I am interested in either a professional installation of some type or hiring a plumber to install a prefab unit -- we definitely want to avoid an eyesore DIY arrangement (this part of our roof is quite visible).

Can anyone offer any recommendations?

Check out Fafco solar panels. I have a flat roof so I'd probably just go with heliocoils when I get up the money to do a solar install. Around my local area (Tucson) solar heating for pool, panels + installation, runs ~ $3k-$6k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure what you expect the difference to be between a DIY install and a professional one, as when it comes to commercial panels they will likely look nearly identical from ground level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.