Now that the pool is covered and snow will be here shortly, its never too early to prepare for next year.
I've read a lot here and its been enlightening. But still have some questions:
1. Why is algaecide not recommended?
2. Why is clarifier not recommended?
3. What should the level of sand be in a Hayward sand filter (the instructions don't show a level)?
4. So, pH isn't testable above FC=10. Why can't a laboratory type pH meter be used?
5. Are auto bottom cleaners (like Aqua Bug) OK to use?
5B. If yes, can they be left on all the time?