Closing my salt water pool for the first time

Aug 2, 2013
Hi all,
I have a saltwater based pool 12x5 metres in size. I would like to attempt to close the pool myself for the first time in a few weeks time. I'm ok with the pump removal, covering the pool etc, but know nothing about what chemicals I'm supposed to put in for anti algae. The pool will be closed between mid October and re-opened again in May next year. Any pointers would be appreciated.

thanks,

:)

Good morning Shabba007! II see Kim has give you the link about closing for an in-ground pool. If yours is above ground, let us know. In fact, if you wouldn't mind, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. In addition, it would help if you could add your city/state to the location under your username. Those little things help everyone who serves as advisers to the forum. If you have any more questions about the closing, just let us know. Have a great day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.