Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Closing my salt water pool for the first time

1. Back To Top    #1

Closing my salt water pool for the first time

Hi all,
    I have a saltwater based pool 12x5 metres in size. I would like to attempt to close the pool myself for the first time in a few weeks time. I'm ok with the pump removal, covering the pool etc, but know nothing about what chemicals I'm supposed to put in for anti algae. The pool will be closed between mid October and re-opened again in May next year. Any pointers would be appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Closing my salt water pool for the first time

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: Closing my salt water pool for the first time

Good morning Shabba007! II see Kim has give you the link about closing for an in-ground pool. If yours is above ground, let us know. In fact, if you wouldn't mind, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. In addition, it would help if you could add your city/state to the location under your username. Those little things help everyone who serves as advisers to the forum. If you have any more questions about the closing, just let us know. Have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!