Average daily chlorine usage

I've been trying to do the TFPC method since my pool was done 8/21...it's about 15000 gallons and I'm pretty much adding around 2 gallons of 10% chlorine a week on average and about 1/4 gallon of acid. The water is crystal clear, but is this pretty average for daily chlorine consumption?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 231
You also must consider that you finished your pool in the hottest part of the summer when chlorine need is often highest. As the weather cools you should see a lessening of chlorine use.
Just keep testing and treating as needed. If your chlorine requirements increase you may need to run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test (OCLT- directions in Pool School)

As to the acid- with a new gunnite pool you'll be dealing with pH rise as the surface cures. It can take months. Then it won't be so much anymore.

2 gallons of 10% chlorinating liquid in 15,000 gallons is 13.3 ppm FC so that's 1.9 ppm FC so that is actually on the low-end of the typical 2-3 ppm FC (some are lower, especially if they have pool covers, and some are higher, but many are in the 2-3 range).

Same here, maybe slightly less. I've been auto dispensing with Stenner at 24 oz. per day, and FC has stayed above 5 for past 2 months. I dump in about 1/2 gallon a week of acid, pH seems to drift to 7.8-8 pretty fast. My pool is 75% shaded, so loss is much less than direct sun. Not sure why I need to much acid, 8 year old pool with pebble finish. CYA 40.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.