Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Safety cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Safety cover

Hello all. New pool owner and that time of year has come to shut it down. I have looked into a couple pool safety covers and have narrowed it down to two different brands of course loop-lock and GLI. The prices are almost identical. I have come across a couple reviews indicating that loop-lock has since changed up their mesh covers and they are not as good as they use to be. When it comes to GLI I could barely find hardly any info other than the are leading in innovation and they ship in 72 hrs. This has been a frustrating process because this is a rather large investment and I don't want to be hung out to dry so to say. Any help in making this decision would be greatly accepted. thanks so much!
    24,000 approx. in ground concrete pool. Pent air heater and filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Safety cover

I have an older loop-loc and it has lasted for quite a while. I don't have experience with GLI covers but from what I've read here and other places, they are comparable with loop-loc. I think you'll be satisfied with either, provided it is properly installed.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Safety cover

Thanks JVTrain! Yes, im going to have the pool company i got the quote from install the cover.
    24,000 approx. in ground concrete pool. Pent air heater and filter.