No2rdame - What have I gotten myself into?

Aug 6, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
The wife and i are recent transplants to Florida and after settling on a pool company, we have had the pleasure of going back and forth with both our HOA and the city before finally getting approvals and permits we need to begin. I really didn't think we'd ever get the pool approved and last week I came home to a slightly mangled side yard and an even more mangled back yard. The next day the side yard was obliterated and now we have a giant hole in the back! To be honest, we're both very excited that the project is done and I know it will look great once it's done, we just have to go through the really ugly yard destruction phase first.

This is my first time to ever own a pool and I stumbled across this site back when we were first looking to do some research and come up with multiple plans for our pool since we had the ordeal with the HOA. So, the negative is that I have no idea what I'm doing with the pool but the positive is that if there is something green and living (yards, houseplants, cacti) I'm quite adept at killing it, whether I intend to or not. So, let's hope that holds true with the pool as well!