New Pool Owner

Sep 28, 2015
West Monroe, LA
We just moved into a new house with a pool here in Louisiana. Luckily I have a friend that has a side business of cleaning pools so he is very knowledgeable. My pump/filter is less than a year old and the liner is only a few years old. My pool is 36x18 with a depth of 8ft. at the deep end. I am going to purchase a robo cleaner in the next few days and I plan on keeping it open year round. We don't have much of a winter here. I'm just trying to educate myself on pools.

Congratulations on the new house and pool!

I suggest you dabble your toes in the Pool School water (link up top on this site) and learn all about pool water chemistry and how to maintain your pool so it stays clean and clear.

We'll help you with any questions you have. Just holler!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: If I had one thing to pass along, it would simply be this ... If your friend who has a side business isn't using TFP methods, then be ready for some really good discussions. :hammer: When you review the Pool School page, you'll see TFP care and concepts are much different than what conventional pool store or maintainers typically do. I would highly encourage you to order your own TF-100 test kit now so you can analyze the water yourself. TF-100 link below in my signature. Speaking of which ........

Please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. We're happy to have you with us!