Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Closing pool first time...

1. Back To Top    #1

Closing pool first time...

I am having someone help me close my pool for the first time this weekend. He said to have the water level at least 2 inches below the skimmer when he comes.

I wanted to be proactive and start trying to pump spme water out (25k gallons takes a while to lower).

If I get the water level below the skimmers before he comes I should not run the pump correct? Even if I turn off the levers by the pump for the skimmers and just let it pull water from the main drain?
    25,000, IG, Plaster, Hayward DE Filter, Jandy Pool Pump, 2011 install, No SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Closing pool first time...

If you are able to shut-off your skimmer(s) and pull water from the main drain only and still retain prime (water) to your pump, that's fine. You might also like to review this page: Pool School - Closing an In Ground Pool. Have a great day!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!