Help deciding on jets

Jul 29, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am building a pool for my kids and I want lots of water features. I like the look of deck jets, but I haven't researched installation yet. They look pretty straightforward though. I have not researched pumping requirements yet either. Deck jets look like a nice, fairly inexpensive way to get lots of water in the air. I am thinking 8 to 12 arches, maybe more depending on pumping requirements.
I really like laminars but they appear to be out of my price range for how many I would want, and I don't think I could justify the cost for just a couple. Plus it sounds like they require a separate filter. So I think they are out, unless I can find them really cheap somewhere.
I am making a large top step wet deck for the kid to play on. I want water shooting straight up from the wet deck into the air like a fountain. I am not sure what I would purchase to do that.
I was thinking of doing four sheer decents on the back wall. Each one foot wide.
I also want to add a couple jet packs in the spa. We installed some from a company named Bullfrog in our last pool and they were awesome, so we have to have those for sure.
Probably going to plumb for three pot scuppers but i would like to use it for a homemade water cannon until we find just the right scupper. I think it took her two years last time. I may as well have fun in the meantime.

Hopefully you guys here can school me on anything I need to know. I really want lots of water features for my kids to play in, and I'm not sure what I will need, but i do know I need all the help I can get. I can propose these ideas if its going to take 15 pumps. I really am looking for the most bang for my buck and keeo the kids playing. If you know of other ways to move water that the kids will like then feel free to post your ideas. I need to run them past the boss soon. She is getting antsy to start building. I keep telling her that I am taking my time to design it right. It will be winter anyways by the time its finished.

944ebc1b8cde4ad1ea47ac1f468830ab.jpg
84c08da18a41f0a67e1d779e8a9fd361.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think the fountain from your wet deck can be achieved with a bubbler. The higher the pump is turned up, the higher the geyser. There may be other ways to do it, but that's what I'm familiar with.

It sounds like you've got a really fun pool planned! I hope others will be by shortly with more help.

Well it looks like we will have 4 pumps running 20 deck jets, two 36" sheer decents, 2 Bullfrog jetpacks, and 9 fountain bubblers. Seems like overkill for the pumps, but you never know when the kids will want to turn it all on at the same time. Now if we could just get started.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.