Clayton-Lambert Vac Plate?

NCSU

Sep 28, 2015
Goldsboro, NC
Hello, I am a proud first time homeowner with an ancient IG pool a wise man would have filled in; maybe I'm as lacking for wisdom as I am for cash now because I didn't fill it in and now I'm in too deep (no pun intended). Anyway, I would like to vacuum my pool using a skimmer vac plate adapter so that my skimmer basket catches most of the larger debris. The problem I am having is that my skimmer is some antique called a Clayton-Lambert SS. Is anyone aware of a Clayton-Lambert adapter? Or any rectangular shaped adapter which would work for this skimmer?

Not sure if I understand fully - are you looking for a square adapter to fit onto your existing square skimmer basket? Or are you looking for a round adapter that fits onto your existing square skimmer basket? Both for the purposes of using a vacuum.

Have you tried Hayward and/or Clayton-Lambert parts?

Not sure if I understand fully - are you looking for a square adapter to fit onto your existing square skimmer basket? Or are you looking for a round adapter that fits onto your existing square skimmer basket? Both for the purposes of using a vacuum.

Have you tried Hayward and/or Clayton-Lambert parts?

Thank you kindly for your response. I assumed since the skimmer basket is rectangular shaped, the adapter would need to be likewise rectangular in shape. Is that not the case? How would a round (or any other shaped) adapter form a seal over the skimmer basket to create the suction needed? At the end of the day, I am merely looking to vacuum my pool using the skimmer basket to catch the debris so whatever shape of the adapter is okay with me as long as it works.

I haven't found a Hayward adapter in the rectangular shape I need; if anyone knows of one, that may be what I am looking for. I have searched for hours on end & have not been able to find a C-L adapter of any shape.

square vac plates seem to be non existent.

an alternative that would easily work is this hayward debris canister...put it inline with the vacuum...problem solved.
I got one before realizing i could have just bought a skimmer vac plate. Better yet this one catches much finer debris that
would otherwise go to your filter. Glad I went with this instead.

Amazon.com : Hayward W530 Large Capacity Leaf Canister with Mesh Bag Replacement for Hayward Pool and Spa Cleaners : Swimming Pool Water Pumps : Sports Outdoors

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.