Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just finished restoring a 1993 Sundance Spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Just finished restoring a 1993 Sundance Spa

The only thing good on the old spa was the shell. The shell was in A1 condition. Everything else was replaced all electro / mechanical parts, wiring, and case. Looks like new and did the whole job for less than $2,600. It took me about a month of free time but worth the time and money. I was going to cut it up but decided to restore it. I documented the job as I went along.

- - - Updated - - -

Bad part was that after 2 weeks of use I reacted to the Bromine now I can't use it until my skin clears up. Think I'm going to drain it, clean it, and switch to chlorine.
    The Man Shed
    Mike Shappell
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    1993 Sundance Spa - Restored, Acrylic Shell, 350 Gallons, 2 motors/pumps, blower, wood case

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just finished restoring a 1993 Sundance Spa

No pics?
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Just finished restoring a 1993 Sundance Spa

How about the pipes? Are they new? Did you perform a decontamination procedure on the tub to know it was rid of biofilm and other icky cooties?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain