How to Remove Stairs from Above Ground Pool

Moderator note - Moved from here: How to Remove Stairs from Above Ground Pool

I have the same question. I have an Intex metal frame above ground pool and have been taking it down for the winter. Then I end up strugling with my Grandson to help me put it back up in spring, which takes longer every year. We put the steps in on the liner before we put the legs up. Have no idea how to get them out without draining pool. Contemplating leaving them in but wonder if they will freeze and crack with water in them.

If they are weighted down, you will need to get into the pool and remove the weights. It helps if you have a few people to help since the steps are heavy n full of water.

Welcome to the forum.

I would be interested in any tips here too. I have a white plastic set if stairs. Four steps.
I bought a house with a pool 3 months ago. I opened it and now need to close it. I knew from the get go that the stairs would be an issue at closing time. They take in quite a bit of water.
Anybody have tips on this? Is there a drain plug on these I should be looking for?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.