pool financing

Sep 20, 2015
texas
Team,

Looking for a game plan to finance the pool. I have been referred to both Lyon and Lightstream and then to talk to a credit union. I don't think i have the equity built in my house for a loan of that nature, but is a consideration too.

Home Improvement loan etc

Looking for some direction and thoughts

Thanks,

Hi Haigers!

I'll be following this thread because I have the same question! I think Lightstream might be our best option, I just want some information from someone who has actually used them...
we will be SOL if we can't get financing :cry::cry::cry:

Us personally, we did an home improvement loan. While we financed for 4 years, we made sure to pay it off early just under 2 years to save on interest. :) We never like the idea of another lien on the home, but it worked-out well for us. Good luck!

Hi
we went with Lyon for one reason , they don't pay the pool builder any money till they finish the build completely , and the credit approval is limited to a certain amount
of time in my case it was 3 months . after that we need to reapply , I told the pool builder I will not reapply if he did not finish the pool within the time we have. needless to say my project has the first priority for my pool builder and we are in the final stages
we signed the contract in the end of July
digging was middle of August they will finish the pool by Oct 10 (my deadline for the Loan) we would've finished earlier if it wasn't for the daily heavy rain we've been getting .
and no down payment or any money out of pocket .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.