Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool financing

1. Back To Top    #1

pool financing

Team,

Looking for a game plan to finance the pool. I have been referred to both Lyon and Lightstream and then to talk to a credit union. I don't think i have the equity built in my house for a loan of that nature, but is a consideration too.

Home Improvement loan etc

Looking for some direction and thoughts

Thanks,

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: pool financing

Hi Haigers!

I'll be following this thread because I have the same question! I think Lightstream might be our best option, I just want some information from someone who has actually used them...
    we will be SOL if we can't get financing
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

3. Back To Top    #3

Us personally, we did an home improvement loan. While we financed for 4 years, we made sure to pay it off early just under 2 years to save on interest. We never like the idea of another lien on the home, but it worked-out well for us. Good luck!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

We used lightstream for a short term low interest home improvement loan. It was an incredibly easy process!

5. Back To Top    #5

I have heard great things about Lightstream. We were fortune enough to not have to finance our pool but we may look into them for a new RV as people have said great things about them.
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

6. Back To Top    #6

I financed some of mine via city simplicity card. 0 int for 21 months. You can move available credit right to your bank account.
    Owner Builder; Under construction, 17K Gallons SWG IG Geometric; 31X20'; 600sf; 104ft perim; depth 4'-6'. Sun-shelf; bubblers; sheer descents; Dolphin M400; Pentair Intelliflo XF; Clean and Clear 520; Easytouch 8; IC40; 2 color LEDs; TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

7. Back To Top    #7

We used Lightstream to finance a portion of the pool. Easy and quick process. Everything was done online and funds were available the same day.

8. Back To Top    #8

What king of rates were you getting w light stream, I understand there is numerous variables but was curious. Also, anyone use Lyon as a lender?

9. Back To Top    #9

Hi
    we went with Lyon for one reason , they don't pay the pool builder any money till they finish the build completely , and the credit approval is limited to a certain amount
    of time in my case it was 3 months . after that we need to reapply , I told the pool builder I will not reapply if he did not finish the pool within the time we have. needless to say my project has the first priority for my pool builder and we are in the final stages
    we signed the contract in the end of July
    digging was middle of August they will finish the pool by Oct 10 (my deadline for the Loan) we would've finished earlier if it wasn't for the daily heavy rain we've been getting .
    and no down payment or any money out of pocket .

10. Back To Top    #10

Rate was 3.99%