Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: algae or stains...or something else

1. Back To Top    #1

ventress, la

algae or stains...or something else

We just purchased a new home with a gunite pool. We were told the discoloration was just algae, but the pool guy was unable to clear it up. It does get lighter after shocking it, but never goes all the way away. Is there a way for me to post pics? I feel like they provide the best information.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Dallas Ga

Re: algae or stains...or something else

There are a few ways but the best long term is to use photobucket or something like that. I know with photobucket you post the pics there and then copy the IMG link into a post here.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me) Goldline SWG Intermec 104 TImer Test kit K-2006-C

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: algae or stains...or something else

I myself like best. YMMV

Can you please share with us all the details about your pool such as surface (plaster? Fiberglass? vinyl?) and types of equipment and how you chlorinate the pool? This information will help us help you. Thanks
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter