Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aftermarket Pool Warranties?

1. Back To Top    #1

Plano, TX

Aftermarket Pool Warranties?

Hey All,

I have an aftermarket home warranty that covers my pool, but after reading the fine print I realized that it pretty much only covers the equipment and nothing else. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket pool warranty available that covers the structure of the pool and plumbing system against things such as cracks and leaks?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Aftermarket Pool Warranties?

I have never heard of any such company and not sure that a company like this would be in business long unless their premiums with very high. One crack or leak could cost a lot of $$ to fix.

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Columbia, SC

Re: Aftermarket Pool Warranties?

I agree, replacing equipment is easy/inexpensive for them. Fixing a crack in a gunite shell could be expensive. But, it seldom happens.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon